Friday, January 29, 2010

A Very Special Poetry Friday


My teen novel, The Ring, has gotten some great reviews on blogs and in professional journals. And all that's great. But what really makes it for a writer is hearing from your readers! I've been "chatting" on email the last couple of weeks with a teen reader in Charlotte, North Carolina. She recently read The Ring. She not only wrote a report on it, she sent me the poem the book inspired her to write! I tell you, it doesn't get any better than that. Many thanks to Angie for allowing me to post her poem about my book for you to read:

The Ring
I step into the ring and all my problems go away
The last thing on my mind is the drama of the day
I look to the crowd to check out my supporters
I gather up encouragement from someone in my corner
I step up to my opponent watching fear in her eyes
Take a deep breath and keep my eyes on the prize
Jab, hook, uppercut I give her a blow
Bouncing around the floor, so light on my toes
My technique, my finesse, so calm I'm the best
I step out the ring having defeated my past stress

1 comment:

  1. That's a great poem

    Two lines I love

    I gather up encouragement from someone in my corner.

    I step out the ring having defeated my past stress

    ReplyDelete