Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fido and Friend in Five: Allie Larkin, Argo, and Stella!

Argo and Allie
that's Argo on the cover
Many years ago, after a particularly onerous divorce, a friend of mine gave me a mug that said, "The more I know men, the more I love my dog." Too true! And that could certainly be the motto of the heroine in Allie Larkin's charming debut novel, Stay. After having her heart broken too many times in too many places, Savannah Leone has her heart mended by Joe, a 100 pound German Shepherd Dog. After I read Stay, I decided to contact Allie to see if she'd like to be spotlighted in Fido and Friend. I was delighted she was willing to take time out of her busy schedule! Allie is not only a writer, she is co-founder of TheGreenists.com  www.thegreenists.com a website dedicated to helping readers take simple steps toward going green.

And now I give you the story of Allie, Argo, and Stella:

1. How did you and your dogs find each other?  We got Argo through an acquaintance. Stella came to us because the kennel where we board Argo knew she needed a home, and asked us if we'd be interested in adding another German Shepherd to our family. She was a wild beast for the first month or so, but eventually calmed down and turned into our funny, sweet Stella. I couldn't imagine life without her! She and Argo are best buds. It makes me so happy to see them play together!

Stella
2. What makes Argo and Stella's tails wag?  Both Argo and Stella wag their tails when we talk to them. It's so cute! And nothing makes Argo happier than playing frisbee.

3.  What are some of your all-time favorite dog books?  I loved Call of the Wild when I was younger. When I was eight or nine, I was completely obsessed with a cartoon called Belle and Sebastian, about a boy and his dog in the Pyrenees mountains. It was based on a series of books by Cecile Aubrey.
Stella & Argo, best buds

4.  If your dogs could change just one thing about you, what would that be?  I think Argo would rather I didn't work. He'd be happier if my official job title was Retriever of Dog Toys from Under the Furniture.

5.  In five words, tell us what Stella and Argo mean to you:  unconditional love, loyal friendship, joy.

Thanks Allie! It's great to spotlight an author who writes for adults! To find out more about Allie and her funny and utterly delightful novel, Stay, visit her website  www.allielarkinwrites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment