Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Museum of the Dog

Original of sheltie at museum
Okay, I just had to share this: I just found out there is a very special place for all us dog people in St. Louis, Missouri called The Museum of the Dog. And here's the really, really cool part--dogs are allowed in the museum. Seriously! Here's a little bit about it from their website:

The American Kennel Club Museum of the Dog, located at 1721 S. Mason Rd., in beautiful Queeny Park, West St. Louis County, Missouri, is home to the world's finest collection of art devoted to the dog. The 14,000 sq. ft. facility, which includes historic Jarville House (1853), displays over 700 original paintings, drawings, watercolors, prints, sculptures, bronzes, and porcelain figurines, and a variety of decorative arts objects depicting man's best friend throughout the ages.

Is that not cool?! And it even has a gift shop (oh, I would spend so much money there), a library (oh, I'd spend so much time there), and dog classes there. I must admit, I've never been to St. Louis, but I think I've found a very good reason to go! So if you and your four-legged pal are in need of some culture, check it out. I plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment